Everyone loves chicken fingers! They were easily my favourite food growing up and it was my mission to find a healthy alternative to the delicious chicken covered in flour and crumbs then deep fried.
Its actually quite simple!
What you’ll need:
- Chicken breast
- 1 egg, 3 egg whites
- Crackers of choice (I chose Mary’s Crackers jalapeno flavour)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Clean and slice chicken breast
- Grind crackers into tiny little pieces. This will be your bread crumbs!
- Beat eggs together in bowl
- Dip chicken into eggs, then lay the chicken on the grind up crackers
- Place chicken on cooking tray (make sure to spray with oil before placing the chicken to avoid sticking)
- Repeat till all the pieces are covered
- Place tray in oven for 12 minutes then flip for another 5 minutes
Note: The tastier the crackers, the better the outcome. Try to choose a cracker that has some kick to it, whether its spicy, has herbs or onions in it. If not, that’s ok, just add your own spices to the crumbs!
I paired my chicken up with some mashed cauliflower!
Quick mashed cauliflower recipe:
- Steam cauliflower till very soft
- Mash with fork (or place in blender) till mashed potato consistency
- Spice with salt and pepper
- OPTIONAL but recommended: add sauteed mushrooms, onions and spinach!
You can be healthy and fit while eating the foods you love, just slightly perfected.
Ronnie aka InspiredtobefitComments